A Fiddler's Holiday With The Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Family Band
CAT # 11661-9153-2
1. Introduction of Jay Ungar & Molly Mason 2. The Solstice Set 5:41 3. Introduction To A Rovin' On A Winter's Night 4. A Rovin' On A Winter's Night 2:28 5. Introduction To The Snowstorm 6. The Snowstorm 2:39 7. Introduction To Christmas Eve 8. Christmas Eve 1:58 9. Introduction To Ashokan Farewell 10. Ashokan Farewell 5:11 11. Themes From Harvest Home Suite 4:38 12. Darkest Days, Brightest Nights 3:07 13. Introduction To Waltz Of The Little Girls' Toys 14. Waltz Of The Little Girls' Toys 2:54 15. Introduction To Lights Of Chanukah 16. Lights Of Chanukah 2:22 17. Silent Night 2:36 18. Silent Night Two Step 3:01
Acclaimed acoustic musicians The Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Family Band will be releasing their live concert album, A Fiddler's Holiday, on November 20 on Rounder Records. This concert is a musical celebration of the winter holiday season, a time when families gather round hearth and home to keep their spirits warm and bright. The Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Family Band is accompanied by the University of Mary Washington Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Dr. Kevin P. Bartram.
A Fiddler's Holiday was video taped at The University Of Mary Washington in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia for a PBS Special that will air on PBS affiliate television stations during the holiday season. The program was produced and directed by four-time Emmy® Award winner Jim Brown. A video teaser of the concert is available here.
Jay Ungar and Molly Mason are best known for "Ashokan Farewell," the musical centerpiece of the Grammy® Award winning score of The Civil War series, and other frequent collaborations with Ken Burns.
Jay and Molly's music is best described as American roots music. Jay is regarded as one of America's finest fiddlers. Molly, known as a consummate accompanist, was the bass player in Garrison Keillor's Powder Milk Biscuit Band. Their musical career has spanned more than thirty years and taken them from square dances and folk clubs to Tanglewood, Madison Square Garden and the White House. A performing duo in their own right, Ruthy Ungar and her husband Mike Merenda were members of The Mammals.
1. The Solstice Set
2. A Rovin' on a Winter's Night
3. The Snowstorm
4. Christmas Eve
5. Ashokan Farewell
6. Themes from Harvest Home Suite
7. Darkest Days, Brightest Nights
8. Waltz of the Little Girls' Toys
9. Lights of Chanukah
10. Silent Night
11. Silent Night Two Step
Find out more about The Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Family Band